UX Designer/Developer (Voice)
100 N Church St Greensboro, NC or Philadelphia, PA 27401
Position: UX Designer/Developer (Voice)
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Duration: 5 months
Interview: Phone & In Person
This position will provide specialized expertise working with stakeholders to create the voice and personality of first Customer Facing Artificial Intelligent (AI) Voice Assistant while extending our presence in Chat. S/he will develop the dialogue and user flows that defines customer interactions by taking simple and complex use cases/customer requests and transforming them into easy to use designs for our end consumers and field partners. S/he will collaborate with Agile pod members and other stakeholders, from concept through production, ensuring a consistent, guided design (AI) persists via all channels in modern, efficient, and favorable ways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with stakeholders/leadership to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams/business units to conduct stakeholder & user research, both qualitative and quantitative
- Create and develop detailed workflows, call flows, prototypes, and storyboards which effectively communicate interactions (voice and chat.).
- Synthesize raw research data into meaningful personas and solutions into the design process
- Evaluate usability and audio consistency of existing dialog flow and recommends design changes
- Create conversational scripts for voice and chat bots
- Use conceptual models, diagrams, and maps to develop and communicate interaction models and architectures
- Develop a voice and chat interface design which ensures a consistent brand experience for our customers
- Design a complete set of conversational assets
- Collaborate with tech leads, developers, and product owners to ensure a true happy customer path is created for the end user
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines; as well as all company and site policies and procedures.
- Be a champion for change. Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by:
- Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor' s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor' s) (Minimum Required)
- Minimum 3 years industry experience working as a user experience professional with direct, hands-on experience conducting research and designing interfaces. Must have conversational user experience in voice channel AVR/AVA
- Experience designing call and chat flows and logic for conversational interfaces
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing call flows with extensive Genesys experience preferred
- Clear understanding of interaction design principles and processes for voice and chat bot along with use case selection
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with Artificial Intelligence (AI) in either voice, chat or IoT channel.
- Hands on experience working in the call center space making conversational design changes Preferred
- Basic understanding for Natural Process Language leveraged by any A.I. tool. Dialogflow Preferred
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement processes improvements.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
- Previous experience working with Agile, preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs. per week.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.