311 Arsenal Street watertown, MA 02472
UX Designer Summary:
Currently seeking a talented UX Designer with an outstanding track record of delivering highest quality user experiences. If you’ re a self-starter, one who collaborates instinctively, and strives for continuous improvement, we’ re talking to you.
The Role… What you will do and need to succeed:
- Apply that passion to everything about the product (aesthetic, behavior, information architecture, messaging – anything that solves real-world problems).
- If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a prototype is worth a thousand pictures.
- You’ re a try before you buy type of designer… you prototype (low and high fidelity) to convey interaction design to developers, stakeholders, and user test.
- You’ d rather have a conversation than read documentation. You thrive in cross-functional teams. You’ ll interact on a daily basis with the tech leads, PMs/POs, and fellow designers.
- You find ways to make complicated, easy. You take pride in eliminating things that aren’ t valuable.
- You’ re all about feedback loops, actively testing your own designs, using a lean, lightweight approach.
- Beyond Pixels
- You do whatever it takes to make a product successful, elegant, and easy to use.
- Soup to Nuts Design
- From requirements gathering, to user testing, to final delivery.
Required Experience, Qualifications, Skills
- 5-7 years of UX design for web-based products and services
- Mobile, desktop, responsive, transactional UX
- Strong portfolio of demonstrating depth and breadth of design skills, diversity of projects, and thinking process
- Intimate knowledge of Sketch, Creative Suite, Prototyping Apps in general
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- JS, ReactJS, or AngularJS a plus
- Solid understanding of interaction design and information architecture
- Understand the possibilities and limitations of web technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter with good awareness of personal time management
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Passion for UX, constantly keeping up with design trends, methodologies, and technology for the betterment of the team
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills. You will be working on a multi-disciplinary team, where communication is key
- BS/BA Digital Design, New Media, Human Factors, or 5-7 years of relevant experience