UX Developer (Business Intelligence)
32 Hartwell Avenue Lexington, Massachusetts 02421
Position: UX Developer (BI)
Duration: 6 months plus extensions
Location: Greater Boston Area
Must provide a portfolio
Must be able to work onsite
We are looking for someone with a blended skillset of both UX Design and User Research to join our talented team to help create compelling and meaningful experiences in the latest technologies. Seeking cutting-edge UX professional to work as part of a UX team, creating web based applications used in the healthcare setting.
- User Experience (UX) Design and User Research experience working on data-intensive, transaction-oriented applications
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand their objectives and requirements and map the experience by creating user journey maps, wireframes, prototypes, and other related artifacts
- Apply user centered and data driven design methodologies to inform the end to end design with requirements, use cases, concept visualization, prototyping, user research, interaction patterns in the creation of complex, transactional systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to compose visual design layouts on a variety of projects from mobile applications to complex business systems
- Begin to articulate and support design decisions based on the goals of the project, the concept and strategy
- Collaborate with users, user experience professionals and developers
- Convert user research into functional requirements and visual mockups.
- Create visual and functional design.
- In your User Research role, you will provide human factors engineering and user research support to application development teams. A user researcher articulates a usability plan for a product area and conducts usability evaluations, focus groups, customer research, competitive analysis and survey research for software products.
- Provide human factors engineering and user research support to application development teams
- Communicate a usability plan for a product area
- Conduct usability evaluations, focus groups, customer research, competitive analysis and survey research for software products
- Produce functional requirements specifications describing user characteristics, user needs, and user interface requirements for product development
- Develop usability test plans and materials
- Employ user research methodologies to identify user requirements
- Plan and conduct contextual research, analyzing data, interpreting results, and presenting research findings to product development teams.
- Current and review-ready online portfolio
- Demonstrate a talent for and commitment to excellent design
- Understanding of user-centered design methodologies and practices
- Have 3+ years professional design experience
- Be well-versed in design techniques and tools including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Be highly driven and a proactive self-starter
- Be detail-oriented: you’ re conscientious and don’ t make a lot of careless errors
- Have excellent communication skills sharing your design thinking with all levels of co-workers
- Experience with data visualization.
- Ability to communicate information through design.
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts and user interface direction with key stakeholders
- Expertise in the craft of user interface design coupled with proficient visual design sensibility is desirable
- Ability to produce standardized, effective design communication to articulate user research insights, design concepts and final deliverables
- Solid experience in developing wireframes, specifications and bring in User interface best practices and standards is a must
- Experience designing transactional experiences
- Skills creating design deliverables including IA documentation, rapid prototyping, site maps, concept diagrams, user personas or profiles, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, site inventory, template guidelines and annotated comps.
- Ability to anticipate and design for user needs by incorporating research, strategy and analytics.
- Working experience with prototyping tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, Axure, etc
- Strong process orientation and documentation abilities
- A passion for data and the impact of design on the consumer
- Ability to work independently, while elevating issues as necessary
- Portfolio presentation is expected, including URLs or samples that reflect work
- Experience with the agile development methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment with aggressive development schedules.
- Excellent visual/verbal communicator with strong presentation skills (i.e. ability to present to various levels/groups)
- At least 4 years of user research job experience in the areas of gathering user requirements, scenario development, usability evaluation, and questionnaire/survey design.
- Experience applying user research methodologies to transactional software applications
- Experience applying user-centered design methods to product development.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the roles in the software engineering process and has experience working directly with these various roles. Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and practical application of laboratory and field study techniques for human subjects, experimental design, and statistics
Looking for candidates with strong skills with both UX Visual Design and User Research who has experience working with data dense transactional applications.
- Mixed skill set – both design and user research
- Will work with BI team
- Must have worked on transactional applications, not just websites or static marketing material.
- Must understand how information flows through an application, have experience with forms to enter data and view data. Understand how an application consumes data.
- Must have experience with data rich, transactional interfaces
- Ideally has experience working with BI applications
- Healthcare background a plus but not necessary
- Must have a portfolio of work to express style and experience
- Must have the ability to do usability testing
- “ user centered design” methodology
- Should be articulate and able to present to a group and represent UX team in the context of a project.
- Must have a good personality and a spunky sense of UI esthetics… someone who loves what they do
- Must be able to show design methodology.