200 Liberty St New York, New York 10281
Position: Underwriting Assistant
Job Location: New York, NY
- As an Underwriting Assistant (UA), a significant proportion of your responsibilities will be full underwriting support in nature and supporting the offshore data entry and processing to ensure accurate and timely deliverables. You will have the opportunity to expand and grow your capabilities within Enterprise Operations and Underwriting.
- Monitoring and chasing renewals.
- Assisting the UW with administrative tasks as needed including data entry, mailings, electronic filing, sending correspondence.
We’ re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- Previous experience working within the commercial insurance environment and commercial insurance underwriting process experience desirable.
- College graduate preferred and/or five to seven years prior experience within the insurance market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proven prioritization and time management skills with accurate results.
- Solid technical skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word required) and other IT systems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as to work independently in a fast paced environment requiring good judgment.
- Strong demonstration of initiative, interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor are critical.
- Client service experience and focus.
- A proven proactive approach to growing personal knowledge and skillset while supporting and improving the business through accurate and timely working habits.
- General interest in Insurance industry.
- Numeric skills essential.