Vendor Master Specialist
920 Winter St Greater Boston Area, Boston 02451
Position: Vendor Master Specialist
Job Location: Greater Boston Area, MA
Duration: 3 Months
- As a member of the Master Data Governance team, this position will support the overall Vendor Life Cycle creation and maintenance process. This person will be responsible for supervisory and training activities for Data Producers as well as communications with the Data Stewards
- Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Phase 1 (MDG Setup and implementation)
- Assist MDG lead in analysis of current and future processes which affect Vendor Life Cycle management:
- iReview and prepare for distribution, process flows showing Create, Read, Update, Delete of Vendor records within each relevant business unit.
- Review and prepare for distribution, process rules which affect the Vendor Master field level data.
- Create Vendor Master Data workflow documents to show overall approval process for Vendor Maintenance.
- Using information gleaned from the activities above:
- Complete any missing information in the Master Data Objects Inventory with Source/Target information at the individual field level.
- Review and prepare for distribution, the Vendor Master Data Retention Policy.
- Assist in the creation of the Vendor Master Data Quality Guidelines to include Key Performance Metrics and initial baselines.
- Attend workshops including those for SIPM implementation to gain insight into the effects of SIPM on the Vendor Master Lifecycle and to modify existing documents to reflect that understanding.
- Phase 2 (Post go-live)
- Provide initial MDG training to Data Producers
- Monitor and guide Data Producers with regard to adherence Vendor MDG Policies.
- Identify data quality issues in a timely fashion and review with Master Data Steward.
- Identify operational issues (bottlenecks, workflow, SLA failures, KPI anomalies) and report same to Vendor Master Data Steward.